Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Quilt Show

Today I drove down to Loveland through Big Thompson Canyon. It was a beautiful route. The Big Thompson River looks quite calm but in July 1976 a huge flood killed 140 people. I passed the memorial

Rivers in Colorado can turn from quiet streams to torrents in minutes as the water rushes down from the mountains.

All quiet today.

At the quilt show you were not allowed to take photographs of the vendors' booths. I did sneak this one.

There were loads of vendors and hundreds of lovely quilts.

 

 

I bought some fabric and a couple of kits. One kit is to make this purse with lots of compartments.

 

The Quilt Show was right next door to one of my favourite shops. Wish we had these in England.

Back at the Inn I did some more hummingbird watching.

They are really tiny.

Can you see me?

Good night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment