Monday, August 12, 2013

Estes Park, Colorado

Estes Park is the nicest place so far and that's not just because of the amazing scenery. I'm staying at the Maxwell Inn which is Number 1 for here on Tripadvisor despite being one of the most reasonable hotels. It's lovely.

It takes five minutes to walk into town along a lovely river walk.

Past a bandstand where they were setting up for a concert.

The Main Street is busy. Estes Park is the main centre for tourists to the east of Rocky Mountain National Park. it is just four miles from the entrance. The shops are interesting and not too pricey.

Love the Art Deco cinema.

There is plenty to do.

 

Best taco salad so far. Good news is that I have worked out why you cannot buy the taco shells to make your own salads at home. In Santa Fe I came across a heavy metal taco shell shaper. Apparently you spray flat tortillas with oil and shape and bake them. Mystery solved. Too heavy to bring home though. Will have to google that at home.

You can't see them but this tree outside my door is full of hummingbirds!

Every few seconds they fly out to these feeders. They make quite a noise. I watched them for ages.

And these guys just wandered past.

In one of the tourist shops you can buy a poster which says,

"I wasn't born in Estes Park but I got here as fast as I could".

Put it on your bucket list folks x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment