Friday, August 16, 2013

Cedar City, Utah

When you ask google how far it is from A to B don't forget to put driving into the search. Otherwise google will think you are an eagle. The journey from Grand Junction to Cedar City was much longer than I expected!

After only 20 miles Dora and I are in Utah. The landscape is quite different. My children called them crazy rocks.

It's a bit bleak.

I stopped in Green Springs for a break. A river in the middle of the desert.

Then an exciting drive through the San Rafael Reef.

 

Yes they are pretty crazy rocks.

 

Butch Cassidy hid around here after his various crimes. I tuned into Outllaw Country Radio. First track is Bruce Springsteen singing 'pay me my money down'.

No wonder they couldn't find him. No petrol or services for 120 miles.

Finally we arrive in Cedar City. It looks nice.

Quick meal at Sizzler.

Stroll down the Downtown area, apparently Cedar City was founded by an Englishman. Here he is.

This is the reason I am in Cedar City.

For the last 50 years they have held a Shakespeare festival here.

They have built a replica of the Globe in London.

I've been to the Globe. It's not exactly the same but its nice.

This is backstage.

Everyone was in costume.

I saw Loves Labours Lost. You couldn't take photographs during the performance. It was great fun. I'm sure they changed some of the words and they updated it to Regency times. Despite being late it was really warm so the fact that there was no roof wasn't a problem.

The cast invited everyone in the audience to come back in the morning for coffee and to chat about the performance.

But I'm heading for my last stop. Las Vegas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment