Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pueblo, Colorado

It felt a bit mean not to explore Pueblo last night so I got up early to put that right. Right outside the hotel there was a talking road crossing. It sensed that you were approaching and started talking to you!

I was headed for the Downtown District and the hotel receptionist had suggested I go via the River Walk. It was lovely. As it was so early there was no one about.

There were many cute statues.

It all looked very clean and new.

Downtown Pueblo was really nice. Again it all looked very well looked after.

Nothing was open except for this coffee house where I was persuaded to try the 'scone of the day'. It came in very handy when stuck for hours in Denver traffic later on.

Right on the pavement by that bench was this wise saying.

Pretty bikes - wish I had time.

This one is going nowhere.

Like Santa Fe, Gallup and Williams the livelihood of the town depends on the railroad.

I walked up to the Arkensas River. It ought to be overflowing after all of the rain of the last two days.

The levées are painted with the longest mural in the world!

Oh no, a quilt shop. I had to wait for it to open.....

Back to the hotel and back on the road and it started to pour with angry rain again. So I stopped off in Colorado Springs. Dora has developed a knack of locating useful shops. This is an enormous teachers warehouse.

And this entire wall was covered in thousands of pencils to celebrate every occasion you could think of. I bought some with Pi on, some birthday pencils, some welcome to my class pencils and maybe a few more..

This is what the lady in the quilt shop persuaded me to buy. Fabric with columbines on. The state flower of Colorado.

Colorado is nice. With the exception of the area around Denver where I spent hours in heavy traffic on the Interstate.

The Rocky Mountains have appeared on the horizon!

 

1 comment:

  1. OMG all those pencils! you must have been there hours!
    I hope you are compiling a directory of all the fab teachers shops ....
    x ��

    ReplyDelete